FAQs - Easy Way Homes
The Easy Way Group is committed to providing quality from concept to completion and to ensure that we always remain on track we have drawn up a series of rules against which every decision we make is judged.
1300 811 460


21 Nairana Avenue

Burnie 7320


Call Us 1300 811 460



What does the 6-star energy rating mean?

Most of our homes comply with 6-star energy efficiency. However, due to structural changes that our customers make, sometimes they no longer comply and other items need to be included such as double-glazing on windows, insulation and special doors to ensure your home complies with a 6-star rating.

What are ‘standard inclusions’?

Standard inclusions are fixtures and features that are included in the price of your new home. Any of these items can be upgraded to meet your lifestyle and budget. These upgrades can be chosen and ordered at our office or preferred suppliers.

Why are downpipes placed to the front of the facade?

As per building regulations, downpipes are placed every 12 lineal metres around the home.

How will I know if my fridge fits in the fridge cavity?

We build our homes with a generic fridge in mind; however, there are many shapes and sizes available (including double door fridges), which may mean your fridge will not fit in the space we have built. Please provide your fridge dimensions to your sales consultant if you have an existing fridge that you want to use in your new home. Otherwise please refer to your plans and ensure you purchase a fridge which will fit within the dimensions provided.

Why do internal garage doors swing into the house?

The door opening inwards allows more space in the garage for your vehicles.

Can I extend my garage?

Usually yes, however this is dependent upon a number of factors including block size, building regulations and other issues. Check with your sales consultant for more information.

What is the difference between product categories?

When you look through the standard inclusions in your home or attend your StudioM appointment, you will realise that some products have multiple categories (for example, bricks). The price of the product will be determined by the category to which these products fall which is why we rank them into categories.

In addition some products are made from more expensive materials that are harder or more expensive to source. For example, brown bricks have a natural material in them which creates the darker colours. This then makes them more expensive due to their manufacturing requirements so they might be a Category 2 as opposed to a whiter brick that’s Category 1.

For more information around the specifics, speak to your sales consultant.

What are the benefits of COLORBOND®?

COLORBOND® roofing is versatile, lightweight and durable, plus it comes in 22 colours to give you the ability to create the ideal look and feel of your home. For more benefits of COLORBOND® visit the COLORBOND® website.

What is a soil report?

A soil report is a report based on a series of soil samples taken from your block of land. By testing the soil in various locations it enables our engineers to classify your soil type and provide the appropriate footing system for your home.

What are 'developer approval guidelines'?

Developer approval guidelines are set by the developer of an estate to ensure every home built within the estate has a consistent look and feel. Your developer guidelines can affect your façade colour selections and material selection.
Read Understanding developer guidelines fact sheet (PDF, 56kb)

How do I reduce my BAL rating?

If your property is located in a bushfire prone area, your sales consultant will include an item in your estimate advising that your home will need to be constructed to a minimum of BAL 12.5.

BAL refers to the Bushfire Attack Level and has been devised to improve the ability of a building to withstand a bushfire attack.

This BAL may change once an on-site assessment is completed. The types of products you choose for your home including front door, garage door, tiled roof may reduce your BAL.

Who are my key contacts in the building process?


Your key contacts throughout the pre-site process (before your home starts being built) will be:

  • Property Strategist:who will work with you to find the right home for your lifestyle and budget
  • Customer Support Coordinator: is your main point of contact throughout the pre-site journey of your new home. They will conduct the preliminary (tender) contract as well as the formal building contract appointment with you.
  • Home Decor Consultant:at your Easy Way appointment you will select your colours and fixtures with one of our experienced home décor consultants to ensure your new home will achieve the look you want to achieve


Your key contacts throughout the on-site process (when your home is being built) will be:

  • Construction Manager: Takes you through your home at milestones. Keeps in touch with you on the progress of your home and assist in answering any questions you may have along the way
What is an easement?

An easement is a section of land registered on your property title which gives someone the right to use that land for a specific purpose (such as council access to sewage and storm water pipes.) We cannot build any permanent structures on an easement. Your final slab design may also be affected by any easements on your property or your neighbour’s property.

What is a variation?

Essentially, a variation is a request to change an item in your contract that has been agreed to by us in writing. Your contract will specify in detail how variations are to be dealt with.

Do you provide an antenna?

Antennas are the responsibility of the purchaser to organise.

What is a niche?

A niche is an alcove or indent in the wall. Niches are often used in hallways to present artwork or in a lounge area for the TV and built-in joinery.

What age do you need to be to sign a building contract?

You need to be 18 years old or older to sign a building contract.

What is a bulkhead?

A bulkhead is a change of the ceiling heights. It’s a stylish feature in modern homes, especially in the kitchen to define it as a separate area from the living and dining spaces.

When can I sign my contract?

Your customer support coordinator will contact you to make a time to sign your contract once you have completed the customisation phase. The appointment will generally take three to four hours of your time.

When can I sign my contract?

Your customer support coordinator will contact you to make a time to sign your contract once you have completed the customisation phase. The appointment will generally take three to four hours of your time.

What should I expect as a standard response time to a query?

Our response time to a phone or web enquiry is at least 24 hours or one business day.

What is a retaining wall and why do you need it?

A retaining wall can be made of different materials, such as sleepers, blocks or bricks, but it’s essentially a wall built to retain fill. A retaining wall ensures soil doesn’t move from the allocated area.

Can I go out on site?

You are more than welcome to attend your site regularly; however, you will need to be accompanied by your site supervisor for safety reasons.

What is fill?

Fill is the soil added after a site has been excavated to create a level building platform.

What is brick veneer?

Brick veneer is a brick wall with timber frame and plaster walls. This is the normal construction method.

Does Easy Way apply for my First Home Owner Grant?

We have a team who can help apply for your First Home Owner Grant.

Do you assist in finance?

Depending on the home you are looking to buy, we have a variety of finance partners who can assist you in organising your finance.

What are ‘fixed site costs’ compared to ‘cost allowances’?

Fixed site costs are exactly that, meaning they cannot vary throughout construction. Cost allowances will be added to the variable site costs. For more information on what makes up these costs,

What does ‘subject to finance’ mean?

It means your contract is only valid if you obtain unconditional finance for the contract amount. It gives our customers the right to cancel their contract if their loan is declined.

What is a valuation?

If you are financing your purchase through a lender, the lender will conduct a valuation to estimate what the property is worth should it need to repossess and sell the property in distressed circumstances.

What is a conveyancer?

Your property investment is possibly the most important investment you’ll ever make, so you must be confident in your ability to understand the legal conveyancing process. A conveyancer or legal practitioner is a professional who specialises in this area and can assist with buying, selling, transferring, refinancing, subdividing and other legal matters in relation to property transfers. All conveyancers must be licensed and hold professional indemnity insurance.

What is a guarantor?

To assist with making loans, a bank may insist the person taking out the loan has additional security. This additional security can sometimes be provided by a guarantor which is a person or entity that agrees to be responsible for the performance of a loan contract (for example, your parents.)

The guarantor will be required to form part of the loan contract with the mortgagee, and in some cases a mortgage will be lodged over the guarantor’s title(s) for other property. It is recommended that you discuss with your banker or mortgage broker to discuss whether a guarantor is required.